Understanding Red Mold: Overview of Red Mold and Its Danger

Mold is an organism that can be quite disturbing in our daily life. With so many types of mold exist around the world, we need to understand each type to know how to deal with it once it occurs, because different mold needs different treatment.

This article will focus more on explaining the details about the red mold. This mold usually occurs as small specks at first.

However, it will eventually grow into bigger spots. If the growth is not tackled immediately, it can bring many negative effects to your life. It can even break the structural foundation of your house.

This mold is also deemed to have potential health risks, particularly for people with impaired health conditions, such as compromised immune systems and impaired respiratory systems also deal with red mold in shower. We need to learn more about this type of mold in order to be able to prevent its growth and remove it once it occurs.

Some types of mold do have reddish shade during certain phases of their life cycle. Even so, not every mold that has a reddish colony can be considered as one species.

Some of the molds that possesses red color as their usual shades include Rhodoteorula, Aspergillus, and Fusarium. Red mold on clothes sometimes appears as small specks or spots, which is often confused as normal stains. If these red spots do not vanish, or worse, getting even larger as time goes by, then they are surely molded. They will also generate a weird, musty smell if they grow uncontrollably. You can remove them by using anti-mold detergent, baking soda, vinegar, borax, or bleach.

Red Mold Danger

Many people do not aware of the danger of red mold because it is not as hyped as green mold or black mold. Generally, people without impaired respiratory systems and compromised immune systems can withstand living with this type of mold to certain degree without any issue.

Eating this mold accidentally also has no health effect to healthy people. However, vulnerable groups should not be exposed to any types of mold, including this mold.

Those vulnerable groups include elderly, people with impaired immune systems, people with allergy, people with impaired respiratory systems, children, toddlers, and babies.

Mold exposure to these groups may cause some symptoms that are not easily distinguished from common ailments. These symptoms include exhaustion, eye irritation, blocked nose, coughing, sneezing, headache, and dizziness.

You need to consider mold exposure if any of these symptoms occur near areas with a lot of mold. Go to the nearest health service provider if the symptoms get worse.

Red Mold
Red Mold

Red mold bathroom is a common occurrence due to the damp nature of bathroom and shower. There are many things that are considered as nutritious foods for mold, such as soap and shampoo residue. The colony commonly grows around the faucets, sinkholes, shower curtain and walls, insulation, and under the sink.

Red mold shower is hard to distinguish from normal stains during its early stages. You can simply wipes this stains. However, if it keeps coming after you scrub it over and over, they are certainly molds and needs special anti-mold cleaning agents to remove it.

Red mold on bread is another common occurrence. Bread is very nutritious for mold to grow. Oftentimes, you can find them inside a perfectly good looking bread, make it harder to find the mold. Other popular occurrence on food is red mold on cheese. Just like bread, cheese is also considered very nutritious for mold growth.

This type of mold often occur from inside, so the looks of your cheese from outside will be perfectly fine. Once you cut it, you can find reddish stains inside your cheese. Some people also find red mold on yogurt, despite being less common. Its occurrence on foods is generally not dangerous. Healthy people will not get any problem from consuming red mold accidentally. You may experience diarrhea or nausea at most, but it will be transient.

You might also like Yellow Mold Facts:

Those are several facts and information about red mold that you need to know. Its bigger colony may be damaging for house structure. Its exposure to vulnerable groups may induce some health risk. However, its occurrence in foods, or exposure in general, will not cause severe or serious health risk for healthy people.